eTrex 10 Hiking GPS SatNav (Product code: GA120)
The new eTrex 10 retains the core functionality, rugged construction, affordability and long battery life that made eTrex the most dependable GPS device available. Improvements include: the user interface and added a worldwide basemap, paperless geocaching and added support for spine mounting accessories.
The eTrex 10 has an enhanced 2.2 in monochrome display that is easy to read in any lighting situation. Its easy-to-use interface means you will spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. Both durable and waterproof, eTrex 10 features the legendary toughness that is built to withstand the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this legendary navigator.
eTrex 10 features paperless geocaching by supporting GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also making your geocaching more fun. eTrex 10 stores and displays all the information you need, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the geocache to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex 10 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear, whether you are in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on eTrex 10 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to lock on to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
Physical and Performance
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD -2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- Display size, WxH - 1.4" x 1.7" (3.6 x 4.3 cm); 2.2" diag (5.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH - 128 x 160 pixels
- Display type - transflective, monochrome
- Weight - 5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries
- Battery - 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life - 25 hours
- Waterproof - yes (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface - USB
Maps and Memory
- Waypoints/favorites/locations - 1000
- Routes - 50
- Track log:-10,000 points, 100 saved tracks
Features and Benefits
- Geocaching-friendly - (paperless)
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Area calculation
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)