eTrex 20x Hiking SatNav/GLONASS Navigator (Product code: GA121)
eTrex 20 takes one of the most popular and reliable GPS handhelds and makes it better. Redesigned ergonomics, an easier-to-use interface, paperless geocaching and expanded mapping capabilities add up to serious improvements for an already legendary GPS handheld. eTrex 20 is versatile. It's tough - built to handle whatever Mother Nature can dish out, and more.
eTrex 20 features paperless geocaching by supporting GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. Visit OpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also make your geocaching much more fun. eTrex 20 stores and displays all the information you need including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the geocache to your unit and start hunting for caches.
eTrex 20 has an enhanced 2.2 in 65K colour, brilliant, sunlight-readable display. Durable and waterproof, eTrex 20 is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its legendary toughness to withstand the elements - be it dust, dirt, humidity or water, none of which are a match for this navigator.
With its microSD card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 20 lets you load our range of Ordnance Survey maps such as Garmin GB Discoverer and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). eTrex 30 also supports BirdsEye Select map download service , that lets you download premium raster maps to your device and integrate them with your existing maps.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
With an array of compatible mounts, eTrex 20 can be used on your bicycle, boat, in your car or motorbike and off-road vehicle. You even get turn-by-turn directions with the auto mount and City Navigator NT maps. Wherever you think you might take eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
The new eTrex series is the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. GLONASS is a system developed by the Russian Federation that will be fully operational in 2012. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to lock on to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
Physical and Performance
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD - 2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- Display size, WxH - 1.4" x 1.7" (3.5 x 4.4 cm); 2.2" diag (5.6 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH - 176 x 220 pixels
- Display type - transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Weight - 5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries
- Battery - 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life - 25 hours
- Waterproof - yes (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity receiver
- Interface - USB
Maps and Memory
- Basemap - yes
- Ability to add maps - yes
- Built-in memory - 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cards - microSD card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations - 2000
- Routes - 200
- Track log - 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features and Benefits
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible
- Photo navigation (navigate to geo-tagged photos)
- Hunt/fish calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Tide tables
- Area calculation
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Garmin Basecamp Compatible